Wednesday, 22 April 2015

2015 - 22nd April - Sewing - Quilt No 6

Even though I've been sewing and making and altering things for over 30 years now, I haven't made many quilts, this is only quilt no 6.

You can see the other quilts I've made on the website - click here and quilt no 5 - click here

A friend of mine is due to have a baby any day now so I thought I would make something, I only drew the design on sunday evening, sorted out the fabric on monday, started the quilt top yesterday and finished the quilting, wadding, backing fabric and binding today and it has turned out better than I thought it would.

Here are some photo's...



Kite detail... this is the first time I've done textile-ish stitching and I really enjoyed it so I might make some more items, bags, peg bags, make up bags, keyrings etc.


they have a dog, so I thought I would include her in the quilt as well, woof!


pinning the backing fabric, ready for quilting...


and finished with the yellow binding...



here you can see the quilted cloud detail...





and the lovely cheerful backing fabric , this is from some fabric I was kindly sent by Nicola earlier this week as she had no use for it, thank you Nicola.





Lots of lovely fabric, I was spoilt for choice what to use as the backing fabric but at the moment we don't know if it is a girl or boy so I chose yellow and my kites/cloud design which is suitable for both.

 I think I will include this as a finish for One Project A Month

have a good week

Jo x 


4 comments:

Twiggy said...

Really lovely Jo, well done xx

Indigo Blue said...

A lovely gift!

Jo said...

thanks, I really enjoyed making it, no stress as it is a personal gift, not an order or ready made stock for the Etsy shop xx

Jo said...

thank you!

Post a Comment