Well it's that time of the month, to put in meter readings, this week it was the turn for the Gas bill and our provider is Npower and we pay by direct debit £48 month
Anyway I logged into the account and the monthly payment had already been increased to £55 without my knowledge or consent, no letters or e-mails had been sent.
I'm fed up of companies thinking they can just do what they want, anyway I've cancelled the direct debit and instead the same amount will be paid by standing order on the same date of the month and I phoned them up to tell them but stuck in a queue, by the time I got a call back, I had already set up the standing order.
I put the meter reading in and it showed the account was already £134 in credit so not sure why the payment needs to go up.
Anyway this is not the first company we pay by standing order and I don't suppose it will be the last, just fed up of companies messing us about.
This way we are in control of what gets paid and when, companies don't like it but tough! They try to convince you that you HAVE to pay by direct debit but no you don't...
Yes I know it's only £7 extra a month but we are trying to sort out our finances and I'm fed up boosting big companies profits all the time!
Have a good week
Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment