Tuesday, 12 April 2022

2022 - 11th April - cooking on gas or not...

since April 1st there have been rises of 54% in gas and electric bills...

 July 2021....... .£114.72.........£9.56......week.......or £19.12 fortnight

October 2021....£125.10........£10.43.....week....... or £20.85 fortnight

January 2022....£194.38......£16.20....week.......or £32.40 fortnight

April 2022.........£157.04......£13.09 week.......or £26.17 fortnight

yearly total = £591.24 or £11.37 week


British gas have put or fortnightly payments up from £10.41 to £34 yet using the actual bills above, I get £11.37 a week.

We have electric with British Gas and I asked on twitter how they worked out £34 a fortnight? it was £10.41 a fortnight before 1st April, we live a two bed house, gas central heating, gas cooker and gas fire but have been using an oil filled radiator through the winter though instead of having the heating on...


Reply - **I can see that the total estimated cost is £885 according to the usage, which has to be paid in 26 instalments and the amount to be paid every instalment will be 885 divided by 26 which is £34.98**

I thought bills were worked out over 12 months then divided by 52 weeks or worked out over 12 months or has that changed since this 54% rise?

not sure why the bills are estimated as I send in a meter reading just before the bill is due

Oh well, looks like hubby and other bus drivers who were on strike, just to pay out extra on bills, food, council tax etc

a two bed house with gas central heating, gas cooker and gas fire, just the two of us and we turn off the central heating at night when we go to bed....

 




No comments:

Post a Comment