Wednesday, 27 September 2023

2023 - 27th September - gas and electricity readings...

In a few days it is time for gas and electricity readings....

I've found this website and found it helpful, it might be of use to someone, obviously there are fixed, variable rate tariffs etc so everyone's estimates will be different...

https://www.energy-calculator.co.uk/   



the screenshot shows our reading for electricity, it will be interesting in a few days when I put update the reading for October and see how accurate it is.

There are other websites/calculators on the internet, just find what works for you, no need for sarky comments, not telling you how to live your life, just sharing information that's all.

Jo
 
Edit - the actual bill was £221.81 ( previous bill - July) 

  • but still owed £168.92 from the last bill + £221.81 = £390.73 in debt

  • so annual use (£1418.04) + debt (£168.92) = £1586.96 divide by 26 weeks = £61.03 fortnight

  • or annual use (£1418.04) + debt (£390.73) = £1808.77 divide by 26 weeks = £69.56 fortnight 

  • but isn't electric used to get the debt of £390.73 already included in the annual use amount? 
  •   
  • annual use (£1418.04) divide by 26 weeks = £54.54 fortnight
  •   
  • yet fortnightly payments (26 weeks) were £28 but now are now £96.36?
  •   
  • does anyone know how British Gas and E-on actually work bills out because I'll be honest I haven't got a bloody clue! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment