Tuesday, 10 September 2024

2024 - 10th September - gas & electricity bills...

Well it soon comes round again, its that time of year when the prices of gas and electricity changes, generally going up...

I wrote a blog post this time last year, you can read it here 

https://solstice-days.blogspot.com/2023/09/2023-27th-september-gas-and-electricity.html 

this blog post is much the same...

Last week I put in a meter reading (no smart meters here, that's our choice, if you use one, great, that's your choice) 



anyway the gas bill was £21 for August to September and the account is £105 in credit, a few days later, I get an email saying the monthly direct debit (currently £50 month with £5 week extra payments) because the direct debit needs to increase to cover the usage over the coming winter months to £73.90, oh and could I make an extra one off payment of £94 please as I'm behind on payments??? 

So I phoned them up, on hold for ages and then was cut off from their end - we are with E-on , anyway I just wanted to talk about the increase in payments but really annoyed with the call being cut off...

...so I've cancelled the direct debit and now pay £18.50 a week by standing order, that way they get the money they want but in a way that I can just afford to pay, I'm fed up of worrying each month when large amounts go our of the bank, in case it bounces, so now that's gas/electricity/water rates/council tax and telephone all being paid for by standing order each week, the companies don't like it, tough, I get the usual reply "oh you can't pay by standing order?" so my reply is "oh you are refusing payment then?"...

a useful online calculator is https://www.energy-calculator.co.uk/ 




No comments:

Post a Comment