Thursday, 10 October 2024

2024 - 10th October - this weeks stuff...gas meter expiry date??

Trying to think what I've done this week apart from the usual bills, cook meals and housework.

Bought some new to me curtains from ebay for the bathroom , the last ones were bought not long after we moved here, just £7.99 from eBay, they need shortening so I will get around to that sometime.

SEWING - I enlarged the roll up pencil case pattern and made a roll up make up brush holder


I've already cut out three others in different fabrics so they will be finished next week, I was hoping to finish one yesterday but the post arrived and 

GAS METER/ SMART METER...
had a letter yesterday from E-on our gas energy company, we don't have a smart meter, not really bothered about one and in credit with the gas account and had a bill the other day, it was just £45.75 for the month. 



Eon are now saying the meter needs replacing (for a smart meter) because it is old, apparently installed in 1992 and apparently the certificate has expired, that's a new excuse, so I phoned them up, as usual, sorry can't help but here is another number for you to call, so phoned them but as soon as the call was connected, the put the phone down, it's no wonder people are annoyed when they get through. 


Edit - the supplier cannot bill if a meter has passed its end of certified life date, so no standing charge to pay then if I'm not capable of receiving energy


...found on Google, but the information on google is gospel, isn't it?


Anyway sent them an email asking for a copy of this certificate,  we don't have a smart meter, I don't want a smart meter.

Since we moved here, we have had a new boiler installed, surely if the meter was old and needed replacing, why didn't the gas safe registered man who installed it say anything. 

Then a year later, we had a gas fire installed which meant a new flue down the chimney,  why didn't the flue company saying anything.

Cadent came round 2 years ago to fit new gas pipes to our house and two other houses, surely if there was an old meter wouldn't they have said anything? Yes I know Cadent don't fit them but.... 

The boiler and gas fire were only serviced the other month, no problems, that cost us £100 so if contractors for Eon start messing with the boiler and we end up with no heating or hot water will they be paying to fix things? Every time someone comes to fix something in this house, the problem ends up being worse than what it was in the first place!

FOOD - this is a carvery, for £10 it fed both me and hubby, I posted these photo's on threads and all I got was some nut job making stupid comments about it being unhealthy and geez that won't keep you slim and that it is full or sugar, carbs etc, etc WTF...I could understand it is it was a Mcdonald's or something but...




anyway had a custard doughnut for afterwards, full of sugar, fattening, really enjoyed thanks :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment