Q) how did the engineer know that the burner needed replacing if he didn't do a service before hand?
A) he was just going on my say so, not really very professional is it considering dealing with a gas boiler...
So the gas safe register check was done this morning and apparently found two defects....
he was here about two hours but apparently he had talked to the gas engineer before coming here and checking the boiler, personally I don't agree with that, already made his mind up before getting here, I was under the impression that is was supposed to be an independent report?
only the readings were checked, gas flue/gas meter / but no parts were taken out and inspected and I mentioned that the burner part replaced was second hand, the inspector seemed surprised when I said that...
So do I regret making a complaint no, at the end of the day, this is our house and our safety...
one of the faults only one gas engineer picked up on it and that is the usual one who does the servicing on the boiler and gas fire every year, this is why we prefer him to come back each year, we trust him.
the report will be sent to me in the next 10 days, so it will make interesting reading....
...and the humming/vibrating/buzzing noise is still there when the hot water is turned on...
oh well...same old same old, put up and shut up...
No comments:
Post a Comment