Tuesday, 8 July 2014

2014, 8th July - Crowson Quilt - finished

I started cutting out this quilt in March/April just after I had my fall and it has kept me going, to get to the end, to achieve something so it seems right that it should be finished today as my first physio session is this week.

Anyway I finished the binding off earlier today...


here are some photo's of the finished quilt, I might take some more later in the week in better light but these will do for now.






Instead of wadding, I've used a pink wool blanket I had on my bed as a child, it was something I wanted to keep and re-use, there are just so many things I want to keep but it will be difficult to decide when the time comes....

66 squares,each approx 5" x 8" , I think the quilt measures about 45" inches by 60" , is that lap quilt size or maybe it will be used on a single bed one day in the future...

Jo x