Monday, 2 November 2015

Something out of Nothing aka - recycling

A while ago now, I upcycled/recycled some curtain tiebacks for 10p from a second hand market I visited, they sat in my fabric stash for ages, I knew they would come in useful one day and they did!





Because of the shape, the tie-backs were perfect to re-cover some cheap coat hangers, a set of three from the £1 shop, I used some lavender I had left over from making other items and scraps of broderie anglaise, ribbon and buttons and I created this lovely coat hanger and lavender hanger gift set.


**Upcycling  - creating unique, pretty and practical, handmade not brand-made items!**

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


This weekend I bought a pair of lovely Dorma curtains from eBay, which I can't wait to recycle into shopping bags or use as lining fabric for other bags.


Jo x 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the hangers, I, would happily have a wardrobe full of clothes. You are so clever Jo xx

Jo said...

thanks, I enjoyed making them, I love creating 'something from nothing' x

Post a Comment