Anyway here is what I've been busy making on and off for about a week,it has taken ages to take the skirt apart. Can you remember last year, I was sorting out Mum's clothes, some went to the charity shop but I decided to keep all the lovely wool clothes,two suitcases worth in fact!, I bought a bag pattern, which looked perfect for wool fabrics, but sadly no orders.
So a year later I decided to upcycle a skirt and made just a traditional style shopping bag instead and this is the result. Sorry about the rubbish photo's, dark fabric seems to be difficult to photograph.
I've also upcycled some thick cotton Dorma curtains for the lining and inside of the handles, which have been neatly stitched inside the lining. I just love the colours!
The shopping bag is now for sale in my Etsy shop - link to the right of the blog, have a good weekend
Jo x





2 comments:
Gorgeous upcycling and a fantastic way use those very precious skirts!
thank you, yes, the fabric was just perfect for a shopping bag, I think my Mum would have liked what I've made.
Post a Comment