We moved here last year and I just put up some basic curtains at the window and the glass door for privacy, but I've never really been happy with it, we recently bought a new york design toilet seat ( argos January sale- £16.99) as the hinges had broke on the old pine seat. I wanted something different, not the usual pine, pink plastic etc
The bathroom is decorated a pale lilac colour with grey tiles, lilac wallpaper and a lilac bath suite, perfectly functional, not changed since it was built years ago.
the toilet works, a lovely large sink and nice bath, I can't understand those who rip out a perfectly good bathroom suite just because it isn't the latest and greatest from Homes & Gardens, what a waste of time, effort and money!
Anyway off to ebay again and I've found a lovely pair of used Dunelm curtains 66 x 72 so I've used one for the door, a perfect fit.
door curtain before...
used Dunelm curtains for £10 - bargain!
and the window before...
and again from ebay, some dark aubergine curtains (£8.99 used) which look great with a curtain pole we had at the last house which I cut to size
true colour, a lovely dark aubergine colour
not a very good photo, the true colour is the ebay photo above.
and a rug (new) which goes with all the different colours. There is already a carpet in , yes I know most people just have a lino floor but I can't be doing with all that mopping up, we have bath mats for getting out of the bath and they go in the wash each week and just a quick hoover round, done.
(ebay photo)
my photo - you can just see the lilac bath
as you can see Kitt cat likes the new rug, well it is next to the radiator!
so a updated bathroom for just over £50, have a good weekend
Jo x












No comments:
New comments are not allowed.