I first wrote this blog post in 2018, for more info about Morsbags.
Barnsley Blog Bags - part 2
8th September 2018
Talking to someone this week and it became clear there seems to be some confusion on what I actually make.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~I've been interested in upcycling/recycling for a while now and a few years ago when I've first started blogging, any old curtains, duvet covers would go to make Morsbags
Q) What is a Morsbag?
A) Fabric bags made from fabric which might end up in landfill, which is then used to make a reusable, original, recycled, washable, strong morsbags that will last for years, these bags are given away for free.
Talking to someone this week and it became clear there seems to be some confusion on what I actually make.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Q) What is a Morsbag?
A) Fabric bags made from fabric which might end up in landfill, which is then used to make a reusable, original, recycled, washable, strong morsbags that will last for years, these bags are given away for free.
To qualify as Morsbags they need to –
1) be made out of repurposed or recycled fabric – pieces left over from projects are fine
2) be given away free of charge
3) have a Morsbags label on each one (if it doesn't have a Morsbag label on then it isn't a Morsbag)
Not heard of Morsbags, here is a link to the website - http://www.morsbags.com/
Anyway now we are living in Barnsley I'm going to start making bags again, my pod name on the Morsbags website is Barnsley Blog Bags, so I've created a facebook page if anyone wants to see the bags I will be making
https://www.facebook.com/Barnsley-Blog-Bags-1331437966942494/
So, a quick summary...
Fabric I buy, I make items to sell for my business Solstice Days - my online shop
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SolsticeDays
I recycle curtains and duvet covers and donated fabrics to make Morsbags - http://www.morsbags.com/
Any fabric left from making Morsbags and my business Solstice Days is made into purses for the Sew Powerful Purse Project
1) be made out of repurposed or recycled fabric – pieces left over from projects are fine
2) be given away free of charge
3) have a Morsbags label on each one (if it doesn't have a Morsbag label on then it isn't a Morsbag)
Not heard of Morsbags, here is a link to the website - http://www.morsbags.com/
Anyway now we are living in Barnsley I'm going to start making bags again, my pod name on the Morsbags website is Barnsley Blog Bags, so I've created a facebook page if anyone wants to see the bags I will be making
https://www.facebook.com/Barnsley-Blog-Bags-1331437966942494/
So, a quick summary...
Fabric I buy, I make items to sell for my business Solstice Days - my online shop
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SolsticeDays
I recycle curtains and duvet covers and donated fabrics to make Morsbags - http://www.morsbags.com/
Any fabric left from making Morsbags and my business Solstice Days is made into purses for the Sew Powerful Purse Project
No comments:
Post a Comment