Well it is Second Hand September again, back for it's fourth year, where people shop only second hand for 30 days or more to help people and the planet.
You can find more info here
https://www.google.com/search?q=second+hand+september&oq
Not a new concept to a lot of people, I've been buying second hand clothes or pre-loved items for ages now. here are just a few items bought over the years...
From a charity shop , a double wedding ring quilt for just £5.50...
If I want new to me clothes then I always look on ebay to find what I want and any new-to-me furniture then also ebay and a local hospice shop.
I've had some lovely items over the years and affordable too!
A lovely carved cupboard - £15
Wood Sideboard - hospice - £35 , just need to find a photo...
Dresser - ebay - £59
even though the shelf came apart from the sideboard part, it was still very heavy and it took two men who struggled to carry into the house, which was quite surprising as they both looked like something out of the Chippendales!
Book self - £10
I also prefer to reuse fabrics to make new items to give them a new life and stop fabrics going to landfill, you can find some items for sale in my Etsy shop
I used some fabric off cuts from shortening sanderson linen curtains to make this lovely coathanger set, a bargain at just £10
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/992539065/sanderson-linen-gift-set-coat-hanger?






.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment