Monday, 28 July 2025

2025 - 28th July - websites...and other stuff

Earlier this month, I paid for a domain name renewal for www.solstice-days.com, its a freewebstore website, the cost was just £13 for 1 year and it is an ecommerce website which includes a shopping cart and other stuff which is free and the online shop links are at the top of this blog. 

I was reading on Threads that someone pays £1k a year for a website which apparently is better than paying Etsy fees, ah right, this month my Etsy fees were £3.78, so if you can find a website that costs £3.78 a month then do let me know...

I've cancelled a spare domain name I've had for a while so that has saved £33 a year, all I had it for was to forward to the main website...so the money saved will pay for some new business cards to be printed.


What else? I had the follow up appointment earlier this month at a local hospital, after being told I have diabetic maculopathy after a routine yearly screening, as yet still letter back from that appointment but there was no changes to my eyesight and the pressure test was fine, just did the blue cross test...

oh had a dentist appointment last week 2 months later as the taxi didn't turn up last time and I ended up getting the bus but was just slightly later for the appointment, so this time I decided to get the bus, left our house at 12.45pm and two buses later arrived at the dentist to be told oh sorry we have been trying to phone you (yet no calls on the landline/answering machine!) saying the appointment was cancelled because the locum dentist has now left! 

Erm sorry I've just caught two buses to get here, so they said on we will try to fit you in...anyway saw a new dentist and she was very nice, did a checkup (now £27.40) and took an x-ray of the tooth I had the tooth infection earlier in the year and I have a follow up appointment next month for a scale and polish and then in september for a root canal as they think the tooth can be saved...so thats something to look forward to!! so that takes it Band level 2 - £75, less the £27 already paid

Items sold this month - 1 sale and lots of new items made, look back at previous blog posts this month for those and for sale in my online shops, links at the top of the blog.

The humming noise is still there and really noisy this weekend...we have our suspicions where it is coming from but still not sure what it is...


No comments:

Post a Comment