Friday, 19 August 2016

Sewing with a purpose

19th August 2016

For a while now I've joined and been following a facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sewpowerfulpurseproject/

You can also find more information on their website - http://sewpowerful.org/

http://sewpowerful.org/sew-powerful-purse-program-overview/ 

Last year I was gifted some lovely fabric by a friend and listed it as fabric choice on my Solstice Days facebook page but a year later no orders, so I've decided the fabric can be put to good use to make purses for this project. It doesn't seem right making bags and selling for a profit using fabric which I've been gifted.




So anyway I've managed to print off the pattern and will cut it out later this afternoon and hopefully I will be blogging about my first bag!

As well as the gifted fabric, I've bought loads of fabric since I started making/selling bags in 2008 but sadly not as many orders as I would like, so I've got 10 boxes of fabric and a large ottoman full of fabric I've bought as well, so I've decided to make these bags to help these young girls.

http://sewpowerful.org/2015/10/13/the-power-of-a-beautiful-gift/

Edit - that's the great thing about the internet, someone has already been there and done that, searching on google pics, I found another blog with step by step instructions, which I think I will need because it looks a complicated pattern!

http://homemakershustle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/sew-powerful-purse-flap-sew-along.html 

and another blog with some really good detailed photo's
http://moquilt.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/sewpowerful%20purses

I make bags for the Sew Powerful Purse Project, I follow their facebook page and updates on their website and then I'm reminded why I'm making the bags...it's about making a difference to them, not making a profit for me.

But if you are interested then you can find out more about the Sew Powerful Purse Project on their website - 
http://sewpowerful.org/sew-powerful-purse-program-overview/ 

Have a good weekend

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment