Thursday, 8 September 2016

Sewing with a Purpose - part 4

Bag #4 was finished yesterday evening but I didn't get chance to blog or update the Sew Powerful Purse Project facebook page.

I managed to get the front flap done right this time or so I thought, as I stitched the strap on the inside of the bag and then turned it right side out, I discovered I had stitched the front flap/lining piece on the wrong way round and so I had to unpick and start again!

Anyway here are the photo's, I've been making the photo's into a collage for the facebook page so I will include that one on here this time.








I think this one is my favourite, "finding Nemo" really bright and cheerful, apparently the girls love bright fabrics and there are lots of lovely fabrics, mostly fat quarters in the fabric I was given, I'm using remnants up for the small pieces and the thinner fabrics for the linings. 

I'm using three different fabrics to make one bag, so I counted the fabric up the other day and I think there is enough fabric left to make up to ten bags but I don't think I will get them all finished and posted off in time for the deadline on October 1st, so I think I will make just one more and post five bags off, then I can take my time with the rest ready for the next deadline date which is February 1st

This is the note I will be putting in each purse



I make bags for the Sew Powerful Purse Project, I follow their facebook page and updates on their website and then I'm reminded why I'm making the bags...it's about making a difference to them, not making a profit for me.

But if you are interested then you can find out more about the Sew Powerful Purse Project on their website - 
http://sewpowerful.org/sew-powerful-purse-program-overview/ 


Have a good weekend Jo x 



No comments:

Post a Comment