Wednesday, 18 January 2023

2023 - 18th January - behind the mask - making sleep masks

Making some new items, that's what I like about making your own things, you can share work in progress shots showing you have actually handmade them not just bought brand made from china and passing off as your own...

anyway here are some photo's...



there are always remnants of fabric left making other items and elastic from making face coverings the other year


two layers of fusible fleece... 




the elastic is covered, a bit of a faff to do but I think it looks much better than a cheap thin bit of elastic stitched on don't you? 







no doubt there will now be lots more sleep masks on Etsy made in motorbike fabrics just the same as there was when I made the motorcycle fabric face masks the other year...

I will probably end up making more masks in different fabrics

these are now listed in my Etsy shop at £8.95 inc p&p (considering postage alone is £2.45)  then the cost of tissue paper and then take off etsy fees etc...

Or just call it a day making handmade items to sell and just sort out fabric and fabric remnants into bundles to sell and books. 

I've been making and selling items since 2008, so time to move on...




No comments:

Post a Comment