Apparently windows 8.1 is no longer supported and no updates from Chrome (google) either, so it's time for windows 10 which Microsoft will stop selling 31st January, I always did leave things to the last minute!
So I've been busy most of the week backing up stuff ready to buy windows 10 - £119 either that or a new computer at £599.
I don't really need an all singing, all dancing PC , just one for the basics, connect to the internet and email etc
But there won't be any more updates to the website, at least not by me using templates I've bought in the past, site builder with the website host is £5.99 a month so that's something else to pay out...
or call it a day with websites and selling stuff, undecided at the moment...
you can back up and sync to the cloud (OneDrive) but it is taking ages so hubby bought a portable hard drive and I've been backing up to that most of the week, hope I haven't forgotten anything!
it seems that the Documents folder in windows 8.1 isn't the same folder as OneDrive Documents so yet again I've had to work that out for myself...
apparently this Windows 10 does a clean install ( for the non techy people) that means it will delete everything on the hard drive!
and as usual same as the last 23 years since having a computer most of the time, I've had to learn as I go along, much like sewing and making stuff really...
anyone else got windows 10, any advice?
No comments:
Post a Comment