Saturday, 3 August 2024

2024 - 3rd August - a new month and new items...

3rd August 2024

This year is going quickly, August and already Halloween items now in the shops...

Well the bunting is finished, I use the lovely summer watercolour floral print cotton fabric...



double sided and I prefer to make my own bias tape to match, I think it looks better...


It's really bright and colourful and is now listed in my Etsy shop

handmade not brandmade, 10 flags, double sided and because it is made from cotton fabrics, it can be washed and re-used again.





31/7/2024
Well yesterday hubby had a DP at work, car problems on the way home, smoke coming from brakes, tyre red hot, waiting for RAC to come out but cancelled and moved appointment to the morning and I woke up to the sound of one of the cats vomiting near my slippers, turned over and nudged her out of the way and fell out of bed and now got bruised ribs .....oh well just another day...

hubby went to work and left me to deal with it, the appointment was for between 8am to 12 noon and the RAC eventually turned up at 1.30pm and make some sarky comment about the driver needed to be with the car, so I just replied " well if you had bothered to turn up on time then he would have been here"
I didn't like his attitude and it was obvious he wanted me out of the way to do the repairs as he said he wanted to drive it, but that was just garbage as there is a tracker on the car and it never moved! 
So the repair work provisionally booked for next week at a cost of 429 😳 anyway it needs new calipers and new discs and brake pads, now I know nothing about cars but car was only serviced and MOT last month and the discs and pads were new according to RAC mechanic but old calipers, apparently the piston had stuck or something, I want to go back to garage and complain, hubby says no cos parts fail, erm really after a month
apparently the RAC man was saying they want this 429 upfront before any work is done, but I said we did not have that much money on the house but I had to sign to say he had been out to have a look.
just getting fed up of being ripped off and paying out...so in the meantime contacted RAC customer services and asked about Klarna, we just don't have that amount of spare money 

~CAR~
well the RAC mobile mechanic came out and just fixed the caliper, as he usually did MOT's, he said that the brake discs and pads did not need doing after all, so the final bill was £287 not the £429 first quoted after all, apparently the previous RAC man said the discs and pads needed doing as they get commission on any jobs they do!


No comments:

Post a Comment