Thursday, 23 January 2025

2025 - 23rd January...this weeks stuff

Not really sure what to write about, not much happening, hubby went to the hospital to have the ecg monitor fitted for 24 hours and that was taken back the next day, so just sit and wait for a letter back with the results, probably get fobbed off with pills and f**k off and have a nice life! Same old, same old...

Got statutory sick pay this week less deductions - £51 to live on this week, good job I can make meals from nothing, mind you I've had plenty of practice over the years...

...selling a coat of hubby's on eBay, only worn it once, a cotton traders coat, starting bid is for £14.99 so a bargain really and selling 9.3 metres of fabric on FB market place for £10, probably get some stupid offer for £5! 

mind you better than " will you take 10p?" for stuff at car boots, I started listening to a post on You Tube about car boots and other stuff, it was really funny... 

I used to make peg bags out of old curtains and sell them for £2 each, wonder if I should sell them for that price now, might actually sell some this year! 

Always sold them all as well...you could always tell the traders as they would look inside to see how they are made, mind you I now make a better quality peg bag now which are lined and a wooden hanger instead of plastic.

...not much but bills still need paying, not sure why the council is being paid for at the moment as our local council is still playing catch up with the bin collection with the recent bad weather which was around the 5th January, prioritising grey bins - general household rubbish...

What else, oh the humming noise for about a week now, day and night, intermittent but very annoying, thought it was a problem with the boiler or the central heating but it's worse when the heating is off at night...it sounds like a dehumidifier next door...or maybe it's one of those heat pumps?

... there is a wind turbine not far away but never noticed the noise before, it sounds like a large vehicle, like when roads get repaired and the tarmac gets flattened down...

...but someone has mentioned on a local FB page that Yorkshire water are doing some work on a nearby street so I'm hoping it's that...

I thought it was a nearby house and it was a bathroom fan left on but it sounds different...

...I'm managing to get about five or six hours sleep a night straight through so better than none at all

As items expire in my Etsy shop, they won't be renewed, it seems a bit daft keep paying fees out while I'm paying £7.50 a month for Folksy so I've been updating the website with links to my Folksy shop, the link is on the right of the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment