Did I mention I upcycled an odd pillowcase I found when decluttering recently, it has turned out quite well, this is the fifth apron I've made from a pdf pattern I bought on Etsy recently...
I credit them on my listing page, it's only fair as they have done all the hard work of designing it and then saying it's okay to sell items you have made as long as you give them credit, so many times over the years I see other popular businesses make their latest item and look on Etsy and see the exact same item but as a pdf pattern with no credit to the business they have bought it from, it must be very disheartening for them to see their hard work passed off as someone elses idea, yet many businesses go on about copying other people's work! ..... anyway I'll get off my soap box now.
I prefer making to create new items from pre-loved fabric, then I know I'm making something one off and unique rather than using the latest on trend fabrics and end up making the same items as everyone else...
a shoulder bag I made two years ago but didn't sell...so I repurposed into an apron!
bought some linen panels last year to make some bags but as usual never got around to finishing them, so now they are going to become aprons, it's great going through my stash of fabric choosing coordinating fabrics for the lining and waistband
Items I make now, good quality items for a fair price, handmade not brandmade from china
lovely green flowers fabric, I bought the other year and I've made a few items in this fabric, peg bag, headband, scrunchie, bunting (that was the new item for 2023) all unsold so far...
I have a large stash of fabric that needs using up so there will be more aprons made up...looks like aprons will be my new item for 2024.
anyway the link to my Etsy shop can be found at the top of the page...






No comments:
Post a Comment