Saturday, 3 February 2024

2024- 3rd February

 I had a custom order last week, not had one for ages

This is the first mini rag wreath I made, just using up remnants of fabric left from other projects , the customer wanted some changes to the order...



And this is the final result, the reply came back " love it! " 

So I wrapped and weighed it on some electronic digital scales I keep just for posting items, the weight was 90kg, which meant it would be posted as a large letter, 2nd class signed for, costing £3.05 

So hubby called in at the post office on his way home from work and gave me the receipt, it seems the small package had put weight on from leaving our house and going to the post office, it now weighs 97kg. 

I've been keeping an eye on the weight of parcels posted recently as the last two items were surcharged as having insufficient postage on them, I've had to pay out £1.50 per item, thinking back I also had one last year as well, funny that especially as all this information has now come to light about horizon system and the post office, it must have been a nightmare for sub postmasters....

...it just seems strange that using a different post office, then items arrive in two days yet one before Christmas posted at a local post office took over two weeks, why was it delayed, apparently there was insufficient postage on it, even though any parcels I send get weighed at home and again at the post office...

I've been busy making new items but more about that in the next post once they are finished and in my Etsy shop....

No comments:

Post a Comment