So gas boiler person No 3 was booked this afternoon and arrived in the time agreed and was very thorough in his work, did a service code thing on a switch, explaining what he was doing and showing me readings and lowered the temperature of the radiators and discussed the radiator which hasn't been bled yet, so that could be the culprit for the humming/vibration/droning noise because if it is full of air then that is getting pushed round the system.
So need to move furniture to get to that at some point...
A burner plate and seal was replaced (£50 second hand) so the final price including call out fee (£50) was £100.
The boiler is 10 years old and is working fine, pump is okay and there were two other things he mentioned but I've forgotten what they are, anyway it works, that's the main thing, there is heating and hot water (last month's gas bill was around £70).
the new burner plate actually sounds more noiser than the old one but ratio something or other mixing together and we get to keep the old burner plate, as I said to him, it's just nice to see the old parts so I will post a photo of that shortly...
and the humming/vibration/droning noise, is that still there, well I will see later when it is bedtime, hubby still insists it is tinnitus, sorry I disagree, it sounds like water hammer in the plumbing...
no doubt to be continued...
so update - the boiler noise is now worse than before, when the hot water was turned on, omg the run on after the hot water was turned off was worse than before ...
I knew should have turned the hot water on and didn't, why won't people bloody believe when I say there is a HUMMING ,VIBRATING, DRONING NOISE - YOU CAN FEEL THE VIBRATION ON THE BOILER WHEN YOU TOUCH THE OUTER CASING!!!
I give up...
https://community.screwfix.com/threads/humming-vibration-and-now-droning-noise.283655/
No comments:
Post a Comment