Saturday, 22 February 2025

2025 - 22nd February - humming/vibration noise day 33

yesterday - 21st February -  Day 32 of the humming/vibration noise - 

really bad from about 6.50pm yesterday so there is starting to be abit of a pattern to it, finally got to sleep at 2.45am even with ear plugs in both ears

...so the longer I am without sleep the more pissed off I will become and like the Hulk, don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

When it stops then I will stop going on about it, so perhaps it is people's best interests to help me find out what it actually is!

...I have my suspicions what it is now after something hubby messaged me on his break at work yesterday and pretty sure he is right but time will tell...

anyway homeserve person No 5 came out earlier than booked to investigate the leak, stop tap in street is for our house, next door and next door but one but no leaks but there is a leak for other two house nearby 

  • tomorrow is Homeserve person No 6 - stop tap getting changed as the water did not stop when it was turned off - see next post for update on that.

Found house insurance documents and it seems we are covered for any damage cause by water leaking in the house so that's something...

times today - quiet this morning, got up went to the bathroom, fed the cats but had to go back to bed as just so so tired.

it started around 11.50am and then again around 2pm then again around 3.15pm so there is a bit of a pattern starting so...

...to be continued...


...now this I would believe...

22nd February - Wish this humming/ vibration noise would do one!

it seemed to start last night about 9.30pm, tried to get an early night last night but no chance, woke up at 1am then 3am then 5am then 7am so got up for the bathroom and fed the cats.

In a morning, its there in the background but gets gradually louder as the day goes on...starting around 12 noon time

Homeserve came out about 2.30pm to check the stop tap, just put WD40 on it but didn't actually replace a washer or the spindle or anything and the noise got worse afterwards...so I'm now guessing it is the cold water feed in the house.

as the toilet is flushed the last thing at night before going to bed...

it was the same all day last saturday as well...from about the same time 2pm ish

so now 5pm, I m going to put the central heating on and see what happens to the noise

searching for humming sound on FB , there are quite a few recent posts mainly dated around 19th January which is when I started hearing it...one of the towns is quite local too...




No comments:

Post a Comment