Well about a two weeks later and the humming noise is still there is is now 24/7 (sunday dinnertime)
there was a slight humming which I thought it was the flurescent strip light in the kitchen, it is years old so ready for replacing, got up at 7am for the electrician from Homeserve coming out to fit a new strip light in the kitchen and had a bright white led light which is just too bright for me, it's giving me a headache every time I go into the kitchen, so in the meantime, I've improvised until we can afford to buy another light...
EDIT - they phoned back 10 minutes later and not coming back tomorrow as only the same light would be fitted so I can buy another light and they will come back to fit it...
it was going on and off at certain time so hardly getting any sleep, last night managed 2am till 6am -
I've googled it and most answers are
- 1) faulty pump in the boiler
- 2) electrics
- 3) neighbours growing something!
Had a (paid) gas plumber so far had someone out to check the boiler, didn't really do much, just had me turning the thermostat on and off, then put the boiler off the timer and then turned it on, then turned the hot tap on but no checks or anything as no error codes showing on the display...did a service and mentioned the burner plate being noisy...
but we have turned off the boiler and the heating switch and the electrics off and the hum noise still continues...
the best way I can describe it, a large lorry going slowly the same as when a road is being retarmaced.
googling humming noise, there is lots of information on the internet...
https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/property/4719585-low-level-hum-worse-at-night
no doubt to be continued as the humming/vibration noise continues...
EDIT - went to collect the bin after finally being emptied weeks later, walking past a flat two doors away, their boiler is making a vibrating humming noise 24/7, since sunday dinner time, so nothing made this week as not much sleep...but I suppose there are worse things to complain about...
...there is just no peace from it, can't watch tv to relax, can't get any proper sleep at night, tried cotton wool in both ears...not sure what to do or what can be done?
No comments:
Post a Comment