Friday, 14 March 2025

2025 - Friday 14th March - All cistern's go...

So as I was up early again (6.45am ish) went to bathroom, flushing the loo with a jug of cold water, then fed the cats and then got my breakfast, the phone rang with a withheld number at 8.30am so I guessed it was yet another Homeserve plumber coming back a week later, the cistern is finally working properly, a full flush and filling up, just a pity yet again it took more than one attempt to fix it, perhaps if jobs weren't rushed then plumbers wouldn't need to re-attend jobs!


(above) old one , note the white fill valve on the right is facing inwards...


and new one, the white fill valve is now facing and touching the edge of the cistern, just noticed that the washer to the right of the white fill valve hasn't been replaced, surely it can't be that simple?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While I was waiting for him to turn up I finished a peg bag I cut out the other day from some black floral cotton fabric, bought new the other month










I'm busy making a lot of peg bags at the moment as I'm trying to use up all these coathangers



so after the homeserve plumber had been and the peg bag finished, it was about 10.30am and I fancied a fry up so ordered one from a local cafe which was delivered with a cup of tea - £8

anyway enjoy your weekend

got our usual gas boiler man coming next week to see if the boiler needs a new burner so hopefully that will be the end of the humming/vibration noise 24/7...


No comments:

Post a Comment