Tuesday, 25 March 2025

2025 - Tuesday 25th March - Do It Herself...

Bloody fed up of the humming/vibrating and now buzzing noise, and now there is a gurgling clunking/clanging noise in the pipework in the corner next to the boiler!

why do noises stop when people come round and say oh I can't hear it? try being here at night trying to get some sleep, had an early night last night - 1.30am!

finally made the effort and bled the upstairs radiator, not the traditional radiator key but a flat head screwdriver, anyway only water came out of there, the pressure on the boiler dropped slightly down to 1.0 bar but I didn't top it back up because  when the central heating was on later, this buzzing noise has started, the pressure is going up over 2.0 bar which I don't think is good, so time to contact our usual gas boiler man again I think, is it the burner or the pump or the fan? still none the wiser...

Anyway yesterday got fed up and took the cold tap to bits on the kitchen sink, and I noticed the brass spindle thing wasn't fully closed before the tap bit had been put back...

the last person to 'fix' this tap was a plumber from Homeserve last month, supposed to have put a new washer on it, yet I don't remember seeing any old parts like I did the other day when the plumber (bathroom sink taps) 


anyway I've noticed this morning, a bit of a gurgling/clanking noise but doesn't seem to be as bad as yesterday but then again I've only got the hot water turned on the boiler and not the central heating so will update the blog later...

Update - the central heating was on for about two hours and gurgling/clanking pipes started and when hot taps are used, so I turned it back to just hot water, worried that there will be a burst pipe next!

Links -   - https://www.google.co.uk/search? - humming and buzzing noise when boiler is turned off

 the humming/vibration/buzzing noise is NOT a normal boiler noise swhen the central heating is turned off so two months later I really don't get NO-ONE is taking any notice of me!! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment